“The Lodge”, Ballymoe, Co. Galway
Most attractive and well-proportioned Georgian home enjoying a most private setting in the centre of Ballymoe Village.
€197,000 (STG £172,000)
The property has been carefully maintained and upgraded,
retaining many of the original features including window shutters, fine fireplaces, plasterwork, staircase as well as large well proportioned rooms.
BER No.: 105700603
Energy Performance Indicator: 436.69 kWh/m2/yr
- Entrance hall: Telephone / DSL point, power points, radiator, tiled floor.
- Sittingroom: Ornate cast iron fireplace, radiator, power points, T.V. point, carpet floor.
- Diningroom: Fitted floor to ceiling display units, tiled floor, radiator, power points.
- Kitchen: Fitted floor & eye level units, solid oak work tops with cove and bead edge, integrated hob / fridge / dishwasher, double drain sink unit. Tiled floor & part tiled walls, electric cooker point, T.V. point, power points, radiator.
- Conservatory: Ceiling lighting, power points, tiled floor, underfloor heating.
- Bedroom 1/Study: Power points, telephone point, tiled floor, radiators, has small lobby with separate entrance, could be used as a guest bedroom (former doctor surgery area).
- Utility: Fitted floor & eye level units, washing machine point, power points, tiled floor, radiator.
Toilet: With wash hand basin, radiator, tiled floor.
- Landing Area: Extends over 2 levels to a large window overlooking the gardens & river, carpet floor, power points.
- Bedroom 4: Double window, cast iron fireplace, radiator, power points, carpet floor.
- Bedroom 3: Fitted bedroom units, cast iron fireplace, radiator, power points, carpet floor.
- Bedroom 2: Master ensuite. Cast iron fireplace, radiator, power points, telephone point, T.V. point, shower room with “Mira” electric shower, toilet, wash hand basin.
- Bathroom: 3 piece suite (white) with shower attachment, part tiled walls, carpet floor, radiator, floor to ceiling storage unit.
- Attic Area: Carpeted staircase continues from main floor to attic which is set out in 3 rooms and ideal for conversion to bedrooms, playroom, games room.
- Spacious & bright layout retaining many original features
- High quality fitted carpets & window blinds included in sale
- Oil fired central heating
- PVC double glazed windows & doors
- Mains water, electric, sewerage & telephone connected
- Alarm system
- Sky satellite installed
- All light fittings and chandeliers included in sale
- Site area c. 0.8 acres.
- Access is via electronic controlled security gates opening to a gravelled drive.
- The grounds are meticulously maintained with evergreen surround, mature shrubberies, lawned gardens, trees, paved paths and walled patio area.
- The site is part bordered by the Island River, a tributary of the River Suck, having a varied fish selection.
- Domestic garage – remote control electronic roller door.
- Domestic fuelshed / workshop.
Viewing: Immediate viewing recommended and strictly by prior appointment with the Sole Agents.
Directions: From Castlerea-to-Ballymoe, turn right in the village, take the 1st lane right and proceed to the entrance gates at the end of the lane.
Ballymoe and “The Lodge” are steeped and intertwined in local history. Ballymoe is located on the border of Galway / Roscommon, the Dublin / Westport bus route and c. 1 hour from Galway City / c. 40 mins from Knock Airport.
It is the centre of a small rural area involved in mixed farming. Eamonn Ceannt, one of the leaders of the Easter Rising and seven signatories of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic was born in the police barracks in Ballymoe where his father James Kent was stationed.
Ballymoe is the birthplace of Fr. Edward J. Flanagan, founder of Boystown, Nebraska. “The Lodge” was built by the Bagett Family in the 1800s and used as a hunting lodge. It was subsequently used as the local Free State Army HQ. In later years it was local Doctors Residence. Fr. Flanagan celebrated mass in “The Lodge” when he visited Ballymoe in 1946.
- ID: 3437
- Published: 2018-07-11 09:14:47
- Last Update: 2018-11-05 11:49:05
- Views: 178